Economic Development Opportunities: IEED/NABDI Solicits Proposals from American Indian Tribes and Alaska Tribal Entities for TA Funding for Feasibility Studies
- The Office of Indian Energy and Economic Development (IEED), through its Native American Business Development Institute (NABDI), is soliciting proposals from federally recognized American Indian Tribes and Alaska federally recognized Tribal entities for technical assistance funding to hire consultants to perform feasibility studies of economic development opportunities. These feasibility studies will empower American Indian Tribes/Alaska federally recognized Tribal entities and Tribal businesses to make informed decisions regarding their economic futures. Feasibility studies may concern the viability of an economic development project or business or the practicality of a technology a Tribe or entity may choose to pursue. Proposals are due by July 9, 2018. See "Related Content #1"
Department of Education Office of Innovation and Improvement Notice - Application for New Awards; Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program
- For fiscal year (FY) 2018 for the Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number 84.336S. See "Related Content #2"
President Trump’s Executive Order to Increase Job Opportunities for Military Spouses; CEA Releases Report on Military Spouses in the Labor Market
- The Council of Economic Advisors released a new report – Military Spouses in the Labor Market. See "Related Content #3"
Bipartisan House Bill to Help Small Business in Underrepresented States Gain Increased Access to Capital and Loans
- On Tuesday, the U.S. House passed without opposition a proposal from U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash., and U.S. Rep. Stephanie Murphy, D-Fla., boosting small businesses in underrepresented states by giving them more access to capital and loans. See "Related Content #4"
House Representatives Introduce Aviation Maintenance Workforce Grant Program on May 8; Largely Parallels the Senate Version, Would Introduce Eligibility of High Schools to Participate
- Legislation to establish an aviation maintenance workforce grant program took another step forward on May 8, as a group of House representatives introduced the next iteration of the Senate bill. See "Related Content #5"