Funding Opportunity - Department of Housing and Urban Development - Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Grant Program
- Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Grants support the implementation of comprehensive neighborhood revitalization plans that are expected to achieve the following three core goals:
- Housing: Replace distressed public and assisted housing with high-quality mixed-income housing that is well-managed and responsive to the needs of the surrounding neighborhood;
- People: Improve outcomes of households living in the target housing related to employment and income, health, and children’s education; and
- Neighborhood: Create the conditions necessary for public and private reinvestment in distressed neighborhoods to offer the kinds of amenities and assets, including safety, good schools, and commercial activity, that are important to families’ choices about their community. See "Related Content #1"
Licensing, Certifications, and National Tests for Veteran: VA Updates Tuition and Fee Tables
- The Veterans Affairs has published a notice today providing information on the increase in the Post-9/11 GI Bill maximum tuition and fee amounts payable and the increase in the amount used to determine an individual's entitlement charge for reimbursement of a licensing, certification, or national test for the 2018-2019 academic year. Sections 3313, 3315, and 3315A of title 38 U.S.C. direct VA to increase the maximum tuition and fee payments and entitlement-charge amounts each academic year (beginning on August 1st) based on the most recent percentage increase determined under 38 U.S.C. 3015(h). The percentage increase is determined under 38 U.S.C. 3015(h). The most recent percentage increase determined under 38 U.S.C. 3015(h) was 3.8 percent, which was effective on October 1, 2017. The maximum tuition and fee payments and entitlement charge amounts for training pursued under the Post-9/11 GI Bill beginning after July 31, 2018, and before August 1, 2019, are listed below. VA's calculations for the 2018-2019 academic year are based on the 3.8 percent increase. See "Related Content #2"
Apprenticeships and Community Colleges: Do They Have a Future Together?
- The American Enterprise Institute has released a new report on apprenticeships and community colleges. See "Related Content #3"