R9 Tribal IAQ & Health Network Announcements
Posted 8/10/2017 2:08 PM
by Guy Suetopka
View an EPA notice - R9 Tribal IAQ & Health Network Announcements
Greetings, R9 Tribal IAQ & Health Network!
Please scroll all the way down for the full announcements on the following topics:
- EPA Region 9 Tribal Conference 2017 Website: Register to present here!: https://www.tribalepa.com/ Proposals due August 23, 2017
- Webinar Green Cleaning for Improved Health: The Return on Investment of Green Cleaning in Schools now can be viewed online – see below
- Indoor Air Quality trainings (Level 1 & 2) with Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals: https://www7.nau.edu/itep/main/Training/training_air
- HUD Southwest Office of Native American Programs Weekly Information Bulletin from the week of July 31, 2017 – see attachment
- What kinds of funding is out there for tribes wanting to address indoor environmental problems? Check out the attachment “Funding Streams for Tribes” for ideas. The listed grants that are not currently active are still good to have on your radar in case your organization is eligible.
The information provided in this email update and via links to non-EPA websites is for informational purposes only and is not intended to imply sanction or endorsement by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency or the U.S. Government.
To join or leave the R9 Tribal IAQ & Health Network, please e-mail me at email@example.com. You do not have to be in Region 9 to be added to the listserv – anyone can join.
EPA Region 9 Tribal Conference 2017 Website: Register to present here!: https://www.tribalepa.com/ Conference dates: Oct 30-Nov 2, 2017, Viejas Resort and Casino, 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA 91901. Registration is open.
Consider submitting a proposal to present your work on indoor air quality and public health issues!
Proposals due August 23, 2017
Available NOW to Watch On-Demand—
IAQ Training and Expertise Whenever You Want It!
The webinar Green Cleaning for Improved Health: The Return on Investment of Green Cleaning in Schools now can be viewed online! Learn how to—
· Incorporate evidence-based green cleaning techniques and best practices into a comprehensive system for achieving indoor environmental health.
· Utilize data tracking and evaluation strategies to develop a business case, a value proposition and a communication strategy that generate broader acceptance of, compliance with and funding for green cleaning.
· Design and successfully implement a strategy to identify and use low-cost, easy-to-use tools (e.g.,the School IAQ Assessment Mobile App) to make the case for green cleaning approaches.
· Examine return on investment; the results of surface adenosine triphosphate (ATP) testing; asthma incidence, attendance rates and other important health and performance measures; reductions in occupant complaints; and improvement in IAQ.
· Replicate the strategies used by a school district that successfully reduced asthma attacks, increased attendance and improved academic performance through effective implementation of the “Communicate” and “Evaluate” Key Drivers of the IAQ Tools for Schools Framework.
Watch now at www.epa.gov/iaq-schools/forms/webinar-green-cleaning-improved-health-return-investment-green-cleaning-schools.
What worked for you? After viewing the webinars, please take a few minutes to complete a brief online evaluation to help us improve future IAQ webinars and other activities. The form should take less than 5 minutes to complete. (Please note: This form may not function properly in older versions of Internet Explorer.)
Get your certificate! Upon completion of the evaluation, you will be provided a link for downloading a certificate of completion for viewing this webinar.
IAQ Knowledge-to-Action Professional Training Webinar Series
The ongoing IAQ Knowledge-to-Action Professional Training Webinar Series comprises several 1-hour technical, core-competency, Web-based trainings that demonstrate how the knowledge gained in the IAQ Master Class Professional Training Webinar Series can be translated into actions that improve or sustain an IAQ management program within your school or school district.
Learn from technical experts, industry leaders and model school districts during these live webinars, which are followed by 30-minute mentoring Q&A sessions.
You will learn how to implement a successful organizational and programmatic framework for comprehensive, proactive IAQ management using EPA’s Framework for Effective School IAQ Management: Key Drivers. In addition, the series will cover the critical actions needed to address building-related environmental health issues (Technical Solutions) and will explain how to use the detailed walkthrough assessment checklists in the SchoolIAQ Assessment Mobile App to identify and prioritize IAQ improvements.
Gain recognition for your knowledge acquisition and commitment to action by receiving a certificate of completion for each training.
Upcoming Conferences of Interest to the Schools Community:
The Center for Green Schools at the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), in partnership with the Green Schools National Network (GSNN), is sponsoring the 2018 Green Schools Conference and Expo.
Call for Proposals
Final call for proposals for the conference closes on August 11! Click to learn more and submit a proposal.
EPA offers free IAQ Tools for Schools resources—including the School IAQ Assessment Mobile App—to help schools maintain a healthy indoor environment by identifying, correcting and preventing IAQ problems. Learn more about the IAQ Tools for Schools guidance and access other valuable school environmental health resources at www.epa.gov/iaq-schools.
If you have any questions about the IAQ Tools for Schools guidance, please contact the IAQ Tools for Schools Connector Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This email was sent to email@example.com using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: EPA Indoor Environments Division ·1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW ·Washington, DC 20460
3. Indoor Air Quality trainings with Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals: https://www7.nau.edu/itep/main/Training/training_air
Note: you may be eligible for a transportation scholarship
You will need Adobe Acrobat to view these documents:
Click HERE for FY-18 AIAQTP Course Schedule [pdf]
Click HERE for AIAQTP Courses & Pre-requisites Matrix. [pdf]
For more information please contact:
4. HUD Southwest Office of Native American Programs Weekly Information Bulletin from the week of July 31, 2017 – see attachment
5. What kinds of funding is out there for tribes wanting to address indoor environmental problems? Check out the attachment “Funding Streams for Tribes” for ideas. The listed grants that are not currently active are still good to have on your radar in case your organization is eligible.
Return to Blog