Every day, people with disabilities CAN and DO make important contributions to America’s businesses. They have the drive to succeed in employment, and the skills and talent necessary to deliver on the job.
These are messages that bear repeating far and wide—and that’s what the Campaign for Disability Employment (CDE) is all about. Funded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy, the CDE is a collaborative campaign that is working to change attitudes about the employment of people with disabilities, and foster dialogue around this important issue.
Members of the CDE include the following organizations, which meet regularly to shape and steer the campaign:
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN)
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- National Business and Disability Council (NBDC)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- National Organization on Disability (NOD)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Special Olympics (SO)
- U.S. Business Leadership Network (USBLN)