The Bureau of Labor Statistics released the February 2018 Job Openings and Labor Turnover report today (April 13) https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.nr0.htm
- The number of job openings was little changed at 6.1 million on the last business day of February.
- Over the month, hires and separations were little changed at 5.5 million and 5.2 million, respectively
- The job openings rate was 3.9 percent in February. The number of job openings edged down for total private and was little changed for government.
- Job openings increased in finance and insurance (+69,000) and state and local government education (+31,000). Job openings decreased in a number of industries with the largest decreases being in accommodation and food services (-91,000), construction (-56,000), and wholesale trade (-38,000).
- The number of hires was little changed at 5.5 million in February. The hires rate was 3.7 percent. The number of hires was little changed for total private and for government. Hires decreased in educational services (-48,000)