Sunday, June 03, 2018 9:00 AM ~ 5:00 PM CST
The Rockwood Leadership Institute and NCAI's Partnership for Tribal Governance are pleased offer their latest joint training to NCAI members and tribal leaders on Sunday, June 3 from 9:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m at NCAI's Mid Year Conference in Kansas City, MO.
Leaders as Legacy Builders is a workshop designed for tribal leaders and key-decision makers who are looking to strengthen their leadership skills and mindset so that they are better equipped to forge a governance legacy that will empower their nations for generations to come. The training team will work with participants to confront the many leadership challenges they face, and will explore through person self-reflection and group discussion the proven strategies that they can employ to provide the leadership their tribal nations and communities are counting on. The training will focus on three proven leadership strategies in particular:
- Building constructive relationships with your nation's citizens (citizen engagement)
- Building constructive teams with your fellow leaders
- Building constructive partnerships within tribal government with other governments
- Exploration of your leadership role and purpose
- Deeper understanding of effective tools and strategies for transformational leadership
- Deeper community built with other participants
- Practice with tools for working across differences
Participants are expected to show up on time and attend the training in its entirety, as it is designed to be comprehensive experience. There are only 25 slots for this training, and individuals will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis. Register for this free training by emailing Ian Record at email@example.com with subject line "Rockwood Training" and provide your name, position title, tribe, and phone number.